Had some old deck stain sitting around, so I finished the coop door with it. I was surprised that it looked pretty good over that old wood that used to be inside the outhouse.
One more step and the coop’s ready. After tooling endlessly around the backyardchickens forum, I decided that the easiest and most effective way to protect the coop’s wooden floor and shelves wood be something called Black Jack No. 57.
It’s a water-based rubberized coating that quite a few chicken keepers recommended. I think it’ll be easier and more damage-proof than linoleum or bare wood. And I could be wrong. Again, we’ll see. Unfortunately I had to order online, and so I sit here twiddling my thumbs, waiting to get the chicks.